I always enjoy reading posts when fellow bloggers share some fun facts about themselves and their families. It helps us get to know the writer a bit better and creates that feeling of a more personal relationship, even though you’ve never actually met the person. Here are a few things about our family:
- My husband and I met in a bar – I wanted to know the score of the Red Wings game and the rest is history.
- I was told I wouldn’t be able to run – 6 half marathons later, I’ve learned that nothing is impossible.
- We got married on October 9th, 2010 and our wedding song was Adam Sandler’s “I Wanna Grow Old With You” from The Wedding Singer.
- We went to Iceland for our first wedding anniversary and it was truly a life changing experience.
- Odin’s name comes from our trip to Iceland, and his middle name, Edward, is after Ryan’s late grandfather – not the sparkly Twilight vampire.
- I have a ridiculous obsession with Harry Potter and the Foo Fighters.
- I originally wanted to be a paediatric oncologist, but ended up going to business school.
- When I was pregnant with Odin the only things that curbed my morning sickness were ginger ale and regular Ruffles chips (breakfast of champions!)
- My husband loves all animals, and Odin is following in his footsteps. Odin also loves sports, which he gets from both of us 🙂
- Odin went to his first NFL game (Patriots at Bills) when he was 9 months old and his first concert (Of Monsters and Men) at 6 months.
- My guilty reality tv show of choice is Giuliana & Bill.
- Odin’s first plane ride was at 16 months – we went from Ottawa to San Francisco and he was a super flyer!
- When Odin was born, he was the first grandchild on both sides of our family, and the first great-great grandchild for my now late great grandmother.
- My husband has the largest dvd collection of anyone I know – we stopped counting after we got to 2000… (and they are sorted alphabetically).
- My husband loves Welland and the Niagara region as much as I do, which I love, especially since he had never even been to that area before we met.
I hope this has given you a bit more insight into our little family 🙂