I love summer and the warm weather, but I have to admit, every year I welcome fall with open arms. It’s my absolute favourite season (is it a coincidence that it’s also football season?!). This fall Odin is much more mobile and into exploring. He loves being outside, as do we, and recently he took a liking to apples.
Our neighbourhood is surrounded by apple orchards and I had never been apple picking before. The three of us headed out to Cannamore Orchards (a 5 minute drive from our house) on a mission to pick a lot of apples. I have a list of fall treats I want to back this year and a lot of those recipes call for apples. Odin has also become an apple fiend, so the timing couldn’t be better. Odin helped us pick some apples, and made friends with three chickens that were wandering around. We also made a pit stop at the orchard to take this photo, which I see being an annual thing:
A few other fall activities (aside from watching a lot of football!) on the agenda this year are:
- Visiting a pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin for our front step
- Selecting Odin’s Halloween costume
- Watching Halloween movies (Hocus Pocus x 10)
- Putting together Halloween treats for the kids in our neighbourhood
- Drinking warm apple cider
- Lots of fall baking and soup making
What are some of your favourite fall activities to do with your little one(s)?